Thursday, June 16, 2011

In Tim We Trust

Well, yours truly nailed the hammer on the head last round (see here). Not only did I predict the Bruins were going to win but I also predicted that they were going to win in 7 games. I'm mostly impressed with the fact that I called for the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup at the beginning of the playoffs (see here), yes I said that they would be playing the Sharks but going 9-5 in playoff predictions is pretty damn good.

Here are some of my thoughts from the Finals:
- Tim Thomas was awesome! The man became a legend after this series and punched his ticket into the Hockey Hall of Fame in the process. He also has the coolest moustache of all time.

- If it wasn't for Thomas I have to say that Brad Marchand probably would've been my second pick for the Conn Smythe Trophy. He was clutch for the Bruins scoring 10 goals and has earned himself a nice fat raise for next year since he's an RFA this summer. He earned $660K this season, so look for his salary to more than double next season.

- It was great to see a franchise like the Bruins win their first Cup since 1972. They have such a great history and they definitely deserved to win. The Canucks had a great season as well but at the end of the day it was easy to point to the Bruins and say they were the better team.

- What does this mean for the Canucks? Well, they have a long summer ahead of them to reflect on what went wrong. They were close and are probably still Cup favorites for next season as long as they can re-sign Kevin Bieksa.

CBC has started a tradition of running player cards where all the players announce where they're from and who their favorite players were growing up. This has become one of my favorite things to watch during the Finals.

The 2011/12 NHL season can't start soon enough. My name is Bryce Crittenden and I'm from Medicine Hat, Alberta and my favorite player growing up was Brett Hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment