Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2011 NHL Playoff Predictions

So I didn't want my first post to be about sports but since tonight is the first night of the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs I though that I should get this one out of the way rather than post my predictions after the first round is over.

"Oh yeah, I knew that Phoenix was going to eliminate Detroit."

Wester Conference
(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Chicago - Chicago in 7
To be honest if I had to put money on this series I would say that Vancouver should win. But as you'll find out soon enough I hate the Canucks so I'm guessing the Canucks choke at home.

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles - San Jose in 6
Similar to the VAN/CHI series I want LA to win but San Jose is too good and with Kopitar being injured I don't think the Oilers Kings have what it takes.

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix - Phoenix in 6
Detroit is limping into the post season and Phoenix is flying under everyone's radar. Plus, I'm sure the NHL would love to make an announcement about where the Coyotes will be playng next season so to be a pain in the ass to the NHL the Coyotes will be playing in round 2.

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville - Nashville in 7
I think this is going to be the best first round matchup. I like Nashville's goaltending so I'm going to give them the edge here.

Eastern Conference
(1) Washington vs. (8) New York Rangers - Washington in 5
I don't know why I felt the need to put "Rangers" beside New York. If you're reading this you probably follow hockey enough to know that the Islanders are terrible.

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo - Buffalo in 6
Philly's goaltending will once again be their downfall and they could be in even bigger trouble if Pronger has to miss any of the series.

(3) Boston vs. (6) Montreal - Boston in 4
The Bruins are going to roll over the Habs physically and Price just hasn't been that great in the playoffs in the past.

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay - Tampa in 7
I like Pittsburgh and they've been playing great without Crosby and Malkin but Tampa's been great since acquiring Roloson who should've gotten a ring with Edmonton in '06.

I'm going out on a limb by predicting that we're going to see a Boston/San Jose final. Keep in mind that I'm never good at predicting the playoffs so who knows how many I'll get right. As long as Chicago can beat Vancouver all will be good in the hockey world.

No comments:

Post a Comment