Sunday, May 8, 2011

Top 10 Summer Movies - Part One

This weekend was the first official weekend of the Summer movie season. Although, if you listen to the producers of "Fast Five" they would've told you that it started in April. Sorry guys, your movie looks good but May is when the Summer movie season officially begins.

This year's crop is kind of interesting. There's alot more sequels and superhero movies than normal, which is normally ok but some of these movies I'm not so gung-ho to see.

Sorry Disney but I'm not a fan of Cars or Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers 2 was horrible so no matter how good the trailers for the new movie are looking (and they are looking good) I'll wait to see these on Blu-Ray.

Which movies am I excited to see? Here's my list of the top 10 movies that I'm most excited to see this Summer.

#10 - Horrible Bosses (July 8)

The premise alone has me excited. Basically, three guys (Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day) have had enough of their bosses and decide to kill them off. Sounds like a new version of "9 to 5" with guys. The movie already has an R rating and I'm a big fan of dark comedy so this could be good.

#9 - 30 Minutes or Less (August 12)

Jesse Eisenberg teams up with his "Zombieland" director Ruben Fleischer to tell the tale of a pizza delivery driver forced to rob a bank. The trailer looks awesome and two of the funniest guys on tv also star, Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) and Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down). This could be this summer's "Superbad".

#8 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (July 15)

I've never read a single Harry Potter book but I have to admit that this has been a fantastic franchise. Warner Bros pretty much pulled off the impossible by filming this franchise for the past 10 years and has created the biggest film franchise of all time. I predict that this film will make the most money this Summer.

#7 - Green Lantern (June 17)

I have to admit that if I was making this list 6 months ago that Green Lantern would probably be #2 on my list. Sadly the more trailers I see, the less I want to see it. I guess the FX look a little too much like a video game for me. I still want to see it though as I think Ryan Reynolds will do a great job as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.

#6 - Hangover 2 (May 26)

Does this movie look exactly the same as the first one? Yes. Do I care? No! This is the follow up to the most successful R rated comedy of all time. It's going to be compared to the first juggernaut but that's ok. The trailer looks crazy enough that they will probably have another hit on their hands.

Come back later this week for #5-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment