Friday, May 13, 2011

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs Predictions - Round 3

Compared with with first round I hardly watched any of this last round. This was probably a good thing as my picks weren't so good. I went 2-2 without picking a correct amount of games for a single series. I was right about the Bruins and the Sharks advancing which is good considering they were my original picks to make the Stanley Cup Finals. So far in the playoffs I've been 7-4. Here are my thoughts for each of the Conference Finals.

Western Conference
(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sarks - Sharks in 7
I've gone two rounds without picking the Canucks so why not make it three in a row. I really think this could be the Sharks year. They had that epic come back against the Kings then survived three straight wins from the Wins to get to the third round. I think they're starting to exercise some of those past playoff demons. Plus Antti Niemi has now won 6 straight playoff series. Suck it Vancouver!

Eastern Conference
(3) Boston Bruins vs. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning - Boston in 6
To be honest I'd be happy if either of these teams won the Stanley Cup. I'm taking Boston though because they were the team I predicted to win the Cup. The biggest obstacle they face is losing Patrice Bergeron to a concussion. Hopefully for them they can win this one without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment